Comprehensive Childbirth Education
I offer private and small group childbirth education classes tailored to the type of birth you are planning, hospital, birthing center or home. If you’re looking for a crash course in childbirth in a relaxed, intimate environment, this is the class for you! For comprehensive childbirth education, I recommend taking my two workshops: Your Birth, Your Way and Partner Yoga for Labor & Birth, which can be taken in any order. Sessions can be taken individually, but if you take both sessions, you’ll receive a $50 discount.
Your Birth, Your Way
In this 6 hour session, we’ll go over:
- Signs and stages of labor
- What to expect at the hospital/birthing center/ homebirth situations
- Pain management options, including benefits and risks of epidurals
- Birth plans/preferences – looking at all of your options so you can design birth preferences for your ideal birthing situation
- Tools to help you make informed decisions, so you can feel empowered by your birth experience
- Tips to avoid a cesarean section or improve your odds of a VBAC
- Any questions you may have
Cost for small group session is $275. See below for the scheduled classes or let me know your availability and I’ll see if I can get other couples together.
Partner Yoga for Labor & Birth
Here it is. All my tricks of the trade. Everything I utilize to help my doula clients have more satisfying labors and deliveries. In this 2.5 hour session, we’ll cover:
- Postures to help with pain management and to help move labor along
- Essential oil usage
- Body scan relaxations
- Massage techniques
- You’ll leave with a figurative AND literal bag of tricks, with several tools that I use most often in births
- And more, all while connecting deeply with your partner and your baby.
I offer this every month or so. Cost is $175. This is a great supplemental class, if you are taking another traditional childbirth education class or hospital based class, as most classes don’t devote much time to hands on techniques, giving your partner very practical tools to proceed confidently on the big day.
Additionally, I offer a 2-part Comprehensive Childbirth Education series as an in-home class for $600. If you’ve already taken a traditional childbirth class or are preparing to welcome a 2nd baby and just need a refresher, I also offer the Partner Yoga for Labor class as an 1.5 hour private session for $275. Contact me to set up private sessions.
What people are saying about Aimee’s Childbirth Education Classes:
“Aimee was extremely prepared and was able to use her vast knowledge to explain the sometimes complicated and overwhelming concepts of pregnancy, labor, and delivery in ways that made the most sense and put us at ease.” A.T.
“I’m in the medical-science field so I have a great appreciation for people who know their facts and are able to communicate them in a digestible way to others who may not be. Very unbiased in my opinion which is refreshing because you will encounter people in this line of work who push their own agenda. -T.G.
“She was relatable and non-judgmental about choices for pain management or anything else. It was easy to connect with her and if I was looking for a doula I wouldn’t hesitate to hire her, she has a way of putting you at ease.” -S.S.